Follow these steps to get started:
- Go to your account setting page.
- Sign in by selecting “Require a Verification Code”.
- Click on the link to "add a phone" and follow the prompts.
- Once you will be done with the login verification, you will be asked to enter 6 digit code that will be send by twitter to your phone via SMA each time when you sign in to www.twitter.com.
But if in case the same Twitter account has been accessed by more than one person, then this Twitter’s two-factor authentication is not that much effective. For this we need to create an open dialog box with other fellow account holders and share second-factor authenticating identifiers via text.
There are some more Tips which can help you out to protect your Twitter Account:
- Make sure that the same Twitter Account has not accessed by more people.
- It’s always recommended to use a strong Password.
- It’s better to use Twitter Login Verification.
- If you found any suspicious links, Watch it out and always make sure before entering your login information that you're actually on Twitter.com.
- Do not share your username and password with any other untrusted third parties, especially those fake people who promised you to get you followers or make you money.
- Always up to date your computer and operating system with recent patches, upgrades and anti-virus software.
- Beware of phishing, Phishing means when someone tries to trick you for sharing your Twitter or email username and password, so that they can send spam to all your followers from your account. They will do this trick by sharing a link with you that goes to a fake login page.
- Stay Away from typo squatting or cyber squatting. Typo squatting is also known as URL hijacking, which is one of the form of cyber squatting. They target those internet users who accidentally type a website address into their web browser incorrectly. Once they type typographical error they may be led to an alternative website owned by a cybersquatte.
- Watch out the short URLs. With the help of URL Expanders for Internet Explorer and URL Expanders for Firefox, you will be able to find it out where these short URLs lead you by pasting them into a URL lengthening service.
- It’s advisable to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network), in order to protect your private information and confidential data from snoopers and hackers while surfing the web at Wi-Fi hotspots, hotels, airports and corporate offices with Hotspot Shield VPN's Wi-Fi security feature